Wednesday 11 September 2013

Exmoor National Park/One of the Best Days of My Life

I always have been, and still am, a horsey person.  A mere 4 hour drive was not going to come between me and some of the last wild horse herds in the world! So Chewy and I embarked on the long drive from Zennor to Exmoor, so that I could see some wild ponies.

But first, we stopped off to have a picnic in one lonely corner of the national park.



And then...this happened! By far one of the best days of my life.  A herd of wild Exmoor ponies all gathered under a tree.  Perfection.




These two little guys (well, guy and gal) watched us closely as we drove past. Cuties.





The sun was shining, birds were chirping, I'd seen wild ponies, and now I was ready for some tea.  Cue Tarr Farm, also found in the Exmoor national park, and it's delicious offering of Cornish cream teas.  Chewy went for the manly option and had a beer.




I'd also like to point out that this is Chewy covering his scone in cream and not me!




More ponies.






I'll end this post with an example of how not to take a jumping photo.


I cannot recommend going to Exmoor National Park enough.  Even if you're not into horses as much as I am, the park itself is stunningly beautiful and filled with all sorts of wildlife and outdoor activities.  And it is so worth the ridiculously long drive from western Cornwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment