Saturday 7 September 2013

I Love Me Some Rocks, aka. Stonehenge

Because when driving to Cornwall from London...well, why not?

I've always wanted to visit Stonehenge, and lucky as has Chewy, so on our way to Cornwall we took a little detour and danced in the rain.  That is to say, I danced and pretended I was from the stone age, and Chewy watched and pretended he didn't know me.

England delivered some great weather for us, which we weren't expecting unfortunately! So whilst everyone else was clad in rain jackets and suitable clothing, we were in shorts.  That didn't bother us too much though, because after we'd spent enough time outside in the rain we had a little picnic in the car, and watched the sheep in the fields also not be terribly happy about the current weather situation.  

All in all, we got a few good hours of fun out of Stonehenge.  Go on and give it a visit too when you're next in London!


It really is hauntingly beautiful.

And now to a series of photos of me jumping, to varying degrees of success, in a field in the pouring rain just after I'd walked, skipped, hopped and ran several hundred metres through it.





"Hi, we are tourists".




Pure. Joy.



What you can't tell is that I was actually doing a merry jig when Chewy pulled out the camera for this one.  There is nothing quite as fun as dancing in the rain (especially at Stonehenge).



No comments:

Post a Comment