Monday 5 August 2013

A Wonderful Italian Dinner in Budapest

Anniversaries need to be celebrated right? We dressed up (with what little we have in our backpacks), left the hostel, and walked to a lovely terrace in central Pest where Da Mario's Italian restaurant awaited us.  Along the way I met Ronald Reagan!

My skirt is from Urban Outiftters and my top is from Nasty Gal.  Both are firm favourites in my very limited collection of travel clothes!

 
 



A little bit starstruck? The statue is to commemorate and honour the work Reagan did to help rebuild eastern Europe after the war by the way, and there is a plaque outlining all of this right near the statue.





We shared a starter and chose the parmigiana tiepida, or the oven baked eggplant parmigiana for those amongst us that don't speak Italian.  Unfortunately the photos don't do the dish justice at all, but I am still only equipped with an iphone camera.  It was utterly delicious though!


For mains I chose the tagliolini with Sicilian pesto sauce.  Again, just plain yummy.  And the portion wasn't too large, so there was still room for dessert.  Winner.
I didn't manage to get a photo of Chewy's main because he started too quickly, but he had the risotto with porcini mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.  I am told it was delectable, but I wouldn't know that information first hand because I wasn't allowed to sample a single bite. 

I'll end the post with some photos of the inside of the restaurant because I really liked the interiors, especially the bar.  If you're in Budapest, pay Da Mario's a visit and you won't be disappointed.  The prices are very reasonable, the waitstaff are very attentive (if not overly so at times), and most importantly the food itself is definitely worth a visit.





At the end of dinner we decided to grab an ice cream each and a few ciders and headed back to the hostel, where we saw the night out sitting on the balcony of our third storey appartment.  Just lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these photos from your Italian Dinner party. I really loved your photos. My sister too organized a bachelorette dinner party at one of best Mexican party venues and we all had truly a rocking time in her party.

    ReplyDelete