Tuesday 17 June 2014

St Petersburg in 72 Hours: Part III

Our last day in St Petersburg was spent visiting the Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography, the city's oldest museum.  Amongst the treasure trove of items, there is also a ghoulish collection of mutant babies.  Obviously no photos are allowed to be taken in that section, and it is difficult (but interesting) viewing.  It took Chewy and me a long, long, long time to find the museum, I'm not even sure why, but we eventually did and it was well worth it.






Above is just me and Voltaire hanging out.

Remember our lovely little find, Zoom Cafe, that I told you about in the first St Petersburg post? Well, we visited it again.  I had to have the vegetarian Borscht, along with the potato pancakes, both classic Russian dishes.








Now these next two photos won't make much sense to anyone.  Chewy and I were hunting down a post office to send off our postcards from, and believe it or not, this post office was actually open! Seems silly, but it looked completely shut, and the heavy iron door wasn't exactly what you would call inviting.



St Petersburg was absolutely incredible, and I am so thrilled that I was able to see it.  I cannot recommend going there enough, and remember that you don't even need to organise a visa for 72 hours if you enter with St Peters Line ferries! St Petersburg was a 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment