Friday 12 July 2013

Cider & Stunning Views in Budva, Montenegro

Montenegro, or Crna Gora, is an amazing, albeit fairly small, country.  Our already short stay there was cut short by one day due to airline problems, which saw us spending the night in Belgrade, Serbia.  But nonetheless, we made it to Podgorica by the next morning and then caught a bus to the coastal city of Budva.  

Budva is beautiful, vibrant and sun-drenched.  And there are a lot of Russian tourists there.  A lot. I don't think my Cyrillic has ever been this good!  We had a pretty chilled out time in Budva on the first day and just explored the Old Town, went to the beach, and had the biggest slice of burek I've ever had and ever will have in my life.  It was a monster.  Unfortunately we didn't get a picture, but I kid you not it was enormous and I didn't eat for a day afterwards because it filled me up so much.  Oh and it was tasty as anything.  

I also need to mention our amazing accommodation, it was one of my favourite hostels ever!  We stayed at Saki Hostel, and Saki himself i what can only be described as a total lad.  On arrival you are treated to a shot of homemade rakija and a slice of cake.  What better way to arrive? 











No comments:

Post a Comment