Friday 12 July 2013

Istanbul Take 1

I have so many pictures from Istanbul that I have to put them into a couple of posts.  Istanbul is an incredible city, one of my absolute favourites.  And anyone who knows me knows I'm a country gal and hate cities, so that's a big call!  We visited basically every tourist attraction in Istanbul within the week that we spent there, and still easily could have spent more time there.  The following photos were taken at the Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, various bazaars, and at Gezi Park.  This is/was the site of the political unrest in Turkey, and we had to visit it to see things for ourselves and experience the atmosphere of thousands upon thousands of people demonstrating for something they believed in.  The atmosphere was very moving, although wholly positive, and not once did I feel in danger or uneasy and I was there the night before it got cleared for the last and final time by the police.  The situation now seems to have quietened down a bit, but I thought I'd still share my pictures with you.  Oh and the last one was the cat that lived in our hostel, such a cuddly little guy!














No comments:

Post a Comment