Wednesday 10 July 2013

Vegetarian Goodness in Istanbul

Someone told me that it would be difficult to be vegetarian in Turkey.  They lied.  The vegetarian and vegan fare in Istanbul was stellar, I was constantly spoilt for choice with multitudes of vegetarian choices.  And this applied to Turkey in general.  One of my favourites was Galata Kitchen in the Galata area of Istanbul (surprise surprise), which I loved so much that we went back several times just to try every dish they offered.  I raved about the falafels at Kikero Falafel in a previous post, so I won't repeat myself, but basically every local taverna/restaurant/cafe will provide you with heaps of vegetarian and vegan options (see photos below).  Without further ado, here are some favourites.









No comments:

Post a Comment