Monday 19 August 2013

Samadhi Vegetarian Restaurant, Berlin

"We cook with fresh vegetables, love, and without stress" professes the menu of Samadhi, and it does not lie.

Amongst the many vegetarian restaurants that can be found in Berlin, Samadhi is one that has great recommendations online.  So guess where we headed to dinner? Oh yes.



We had dinner here with Chewy's parents, so I can show you all 4 delicious dishes! Actually make that 5 because we all shared a starter too, the remnants of which can be seen below.  There were 2 rice paper rolls filled with fresh salad, herbs, tofu, rice noodles and bean sprouts, with a hoisin dipping sauce.  In the background you can see the remains of a spring roll with chilli sauce, filled with tofu and vegetables.  I can whole heartedly recommend these starters!


So lets move on to mains.  Main number 1 was this beauty below - stewed tofu with ginger in caramel sauce with fresh pineapple, chinese bean sauce, vegetables, onion, pepper, mushrooms and morels.  Even though it may not look like much, it was delicious I am told!


Main numero 2 - gado gado.  I'm sure many of you have had this indonesian speciality before, it is such a simple yet beautiful dish simply consisting of blanched vegetables with peanut sauce.


I decided to have the pad thai, which they were happy to make vegan by taking out the egg.  Pad thai is one of my favourite meals, and this version with fried rice noodles and tofu, salted raddish, tamarind extract, chilli powder, bean sprouts, peanuts and fresh vegetables was one of my favourites ever.  I had it medium spicy, which was just right for me, but you can also ask it to be 'extra hot'.  Go on, I dare you.




Now Chewy's meal may just look like a right old mess, but this fried eggplant in satay sauce with tofu, carrots, chillies, onions and roasted mushrooms was a winner.  It was quite spicy, but really yummy, and the addition of the pineapple was just perfect.




The decoration on the wall I thought was just beautiful.



 For dessert we were all a bit naughty, and headed around the corner for some apple strudel.  Naughty.


Unfortunately this is the last of my restaurant recommendations for Berlin, but hopefully I've given you all a few ideas of where to go for some delicious vegetarian and vegan food.  Samadhi, Viasko, Amici Amici, Mustafa's vegetarian kebabs and Grandmeister Burger all provided us with incredible food in Berlin, and it was so refreshing to have so much choice.  Now tuck in and let me know if you enjoyed the food as much as I did!  

Heading off to my hometown in Germany next, so see you in Eutin.

No comments:

Post a Comment