Friday 9 August 2013

Palaces & Dessert in Berlin

I had the day to myself in Berlin as Chewy had gone to do some sightseeing elsewhere with his parents, and decided to go shopping, the results of which you'll see in later blog posts.  So as not to be completely uncultural, I decided to visit the Charlottenburg Palace.  It was absolutely beautiful, and unfortunately I can't even share photos with you as you aren't allowed to take any inside.  So the 2 photos I took from the outside will have to do! 



 

After shopping and sightseeing I was famished.  Continuing on the general theme of 'treating myself' (with all the money I don't have), I went to the foodcourt in the KaDeWe for a very late lunch at 4pm.  I had a selection of salads which was very tasty, and now let me tell you about the bread roll.  It was fresh out of the oven and steaming hot, and they have these ultra delicious, cute, little butter numbers with olives, and garlic and herbs in them.  I can't recommend these enough!





Needless to say, after all that savoury there needed to be some sweet.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.




 

No photos of me today, and the quality of the food photos isn't great as I'm still relying on an iphone camera.  But I thought I'd share my lovely little day with you all anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment