Sunday 25 August 2013

Hometown Happiness in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany

I thought I'd share a few snaps from my hometown with you.  It's a bustling metropolis by the name of Eutin, and can be found in the very north of Germany.  To be honest, after how hectic our travels had been for a while, Chewy and I were both looking forward to staying in one place for more than 3 nights (and being spoilt rotten by my grandparents). 




Above you can see the beautiful garden, full of veggies and flowers.  My favourite.  As for below, what better way to spend a morning than making jam?







So maybe I was lying about the whole 'bustling metropolis' part.  Eutin is just a small town, and this is the main market square where you can find farmers markets every Wednesday and Saturday.  It's been that way since I can remember, so for at least 20something years.  I think it's a beautiful, historic market square, and thankfully when I showed Chewy around here the sun was shining!





Don't even need to go to Copenhagen to see the little mermaid when we had one right on our doorstep!



After being away from Perth for about 5 months already, the thing I most missed was a home-cooked meal (preferably one that I didn't have to cook myself).  So i thought that my first home-cooked meal deserved a photo, and boy was it a good one.  All veggies fresh from the garden, yum!  The potatoes were dug up just that morning, as were the carrots, and ok ok, the peas had been picked the day before, and I quickly went and picked the parsley myself from the garden just 30 minutes before lunch.  There is nothing like grandma's home-cooking.





No comments:

Post a Comment