Wednesday 28 August 2013

You Sound Like You're from Lundun, Part I

London!  Need I say more.  I've been a couple of times before, but am always happy to come back, and it was Chewy's first time here.  I love this city, and it turned on all its charm while we were there.  Our first port of call was the Natural History Museum, and some obligatory tourist photos ensued.




After some time spent looking at taxidermied animals and skeletons and insects and rocks and everything else inbetween, we had worked up some hunger.  Thankfully the Natural History Museum (which is also free by the way, if you're looking for something to do on a budget) is not too far away from Harrods, and so we walked through Knightsbridge to one of London's most famous department stores for a spot of lunch.


Chocolate scones anyone?



Delicious salads were had for lunch.  They really were yummy.  I would highly recommend you try some of them when you next find yourself in London.

The weather really turned lovely in the afternoon, and was perfect for a spot of walking.






After all this walking and touristy sightseeing, we were ready for some cultural goodness, and so visited the National Gallery (also free).  Unfortunately I couldn't snap any photos inside, as you're not allowed to, but I did manage to get this one of the roof, which I think is just beautiful.


By now we'd done a fair bit of walking, but decided to head up from Trafalgar Square to Piccadilly Circus and Regent Street..and then into the first oub we saw.  By now I'm sure you've picked up on my love for fruity, sweet ciders, and I was in extra luck.  Passionfruit cider.  Oh my goodness, I love it.


That evening we caught up with some old friends from Perth, which was absolutely lovely and we spent the nicest evening with them in a pub in Clapham.  On the way we passed the street sign in the picture below, and as Harry Potter fans were adequately stoked!




I'll end the post with the delicious veggie dog that Chewy demolished in said pub in Clapham, even though it unfortunately doesn't look like much.  So this was the end of our first day in London, a few more days still to come!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome! You have an extra follower. Your really lucky to experience this....sigh!! Really great shots and enjoyed every picture. If your still out there, Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

      Delete