Sunday 18 August 2013

Berlin, Day 4

After a couple of days in Berlin, we decided to do a self-guided graffiti walking tour through the city.  We thought it'd be a great idea to walk from our hostel in Kreuzberg all the way to the Eastside gallery.  We were wrong.  After a solid 4km walk I was starting to get quite hungry, and so we stopped off at this burger place we walked, whose name I just cannot remember.  But here are the burgers - they were brill!

How cool are the door tables?






No one can look good whilst tucking into a big old burger, but those veggie burgers were delish.  Well worth it.  And only cost something in the real of 3, so were well priced on top of being tasty - a winning combination if you ask me.

But anyway, moving on from burgers.  We saw a heap of graffiti, and I took way too many pictures to put up on here.  So I shall put up some of my favourites, and if you'd like the locations of more then please let me know and I'll try and help.






We went to the Eastside gallery and the Hackesche Höfe to see most of the above pieces.  After more walking I was once again hungry, and managed to find myself some delicious strawberries, after which we went to the Kunsthalle to have a drink.







  

Visiting the Jewish memorial is a must do while you're in Berlin. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



 
By the time we made it back to the hostel, we were 2 very tired little vegemites in dire need of more sustenance.  So we walked down the Mehringdamm just around the corner from our hostel, and found an absolute gem of a food place called Amici Amici.  They have a proper sit down restaurant, and next door is a smaller bistro/take away version, which is where we decided to go.  Descriptions can't do the food justice, it was heavenly! And the service was hilarious, truly Italian.






I went for the mini pizza (by no means mini) whereas Chewy opted for the focaccia, both of which were made right in front of our eyes.  The focaccia has all sorts of fresh veggies in it, is then drizzled with olive oil and put in the oven, after which it gets a sprinkling of parmesan and some more olive oil and various herbs, and then its goes into your stomach.  The pizza I had was also incredibly nice, with no shortage of mushrooms.  Yum!

So all in all not the healthiest of days, but we walked it all off right?!


 

1 comment:

  1. You know, I think you might be one of the coolest persons on G+, it looks like your living life to its fullest and its so awesome! You even have a man who compliments you well, good match! Great pics, luv the ecentric art, deco, burger, and last but not least the focaccia! Where can I find one of those here!!!! O ya, the tables are saweet and I have the bear, it looks like my bear from when I was kid. I still have it and he lost an eye throughout the years, the bandage relates, lol.

    ReplyDelete